Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Poli...

Last time I was in such a rush I totally forgot to talk about poli. Poli is a delicous, tortilla like bread that Marthis use to eat there food. Also called chapati in other areas of india, poli is far more common than naan in Maharashtra, especially in homes. Every meal that our aai cooks has poli for us to use plus rice cooked in delicious spices and oils! And her dinners are sooo good! The best Indian food I have had here, and ever has been cooked by her. For example this morning she made a delicious rice-like patty fried with lots of rice, and yesterday morning she made spicy rice cooked with onions and peanuts. Even better, aai said that she would teach Alaina and I how to cook! Basically, Indian food is awesome, India is awesome and I am very happy to be here.

Love from India

1 comment: