Sunday, December 19, 2010

Arrived

After two weeks traveling in the south and 40 hours of plane travel, I am finally safe at home. Coming home was like some kind of awful hallucination. Being on a plane taking me away from India was so unreal that I am still not sure that happened, especially saying goodbye to my travel friends at the airport knowing that I may never see them again.

Even more remarkable than leaving however is to think that I may never be back in India, at least not for a long while. After nearly five months living there, after falling in love with it, I don't know how long I will be able to stay away.

Now I am supposed to be off to Scotland, but I don't think I want to go any more, after my experiences in India, the good and the bad, I am almost certain that Scotland will never be able to compare. Though perhaps that is not a bad thing. Perhaps it is okay to accept that Scotland will exist on a totally different plane than India. Honestly, I guess I knew that it never really had a chance, but now it seems so painfully obvious that it is quite off-putting.

Sitting here on my couch at four in the morning, trying to absorb being home and all the strangeness of the festive season, I am finding it difficult to understand my journeys in India and how it has changed me.

Love from Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment